Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Staycation before I leave Florida

I ended my last day of work last week quite gracefully.  I checked out months ago, cleaned my office and had all the signatures necessary.  Since the time I was working in my first federal job, I thoroughly left trails and training for people of the things I did for that office.  That's just how I work.  I was 24 years old at the time.  Fast forward 19 years later and I'm still that same person.  I'm considerate and I like to pay things forward.  I'd like to think of myself that way.

Well, now I have two weeks off to truly disengage, enjoy my vacation and just find "me" time.  Do me, find out what makes ME happy and continue my soul search.  To start off, yesterday I did tennis lessons and took advantage of a membership and lesson sale.  I realized over the years, I took lessons with some 6 coaches, all with different techniques.  Who's going to be the one to bring out the best in me?  The coach I had yesterday showed me a few things and just like that, I picked it up.  Did he find out what my strength was?  It was fun and relaxing.  After the lesson, I went to get my nails done with Rena, who my personal trainer referred me too, a couple years ago.  I liked her from the first time I met.  There's a reason I keep going back to her.  I think we both connected and she does a fantastic job.  Sometimes I like to go to the nail salons and just absorb the quiet time.  Other times, I go just to talk and maybe get wisdomly advice.  She was that wisdom I was looking for.  I ended the beautiful sunshine day by kayaking with my daughter.  What did I learn from the session?  Well, I learned that Alyssa likes to take control and have fun...She hates that I'm serious all the time (because I'm scared of her falling in the water --the girl is fearless).  She says, "don't you want me to have fun" and I tell her, "Why are you always teasing me."  She definitely did not get the sillyness from me.  We had a great time, and I learned that there is give and take and eventually we can paddle in the same direction to move forward.

Today, is just therapeutic day meeting with old friends from my greeting card ministry for lunch.  I really missed the group.  I continue my soul searching. It may seem like I seek out so much answers, but truth be told, I'm seeking inspiration.  In the end, I determine my answer and the course of action *I* want to take. 

I now end my staycation day ubering Alyssa to soccer practice. I would say not so much staycation with dishes, laundry and driving to LOL. I suppose, depending, you do that on vacation as well. 

The soul searching continues tomorrow... So far the wisdom I received in two days was... "Do Bo and find something you will fit into."  That's right, there's no need to try and fit into something that will never be Bo.  Not worth the work, frustration, and exhaustion.

No comments:

Post a Comment