Wednesday, March 20, 2019

For God’s Glory

Yesterday I got to present on career day for the eighth grade classes of North Miami middle school about jobs with the Department of State. This endeavor began just a month ago in preparation for my assignment as IT recruiter in Washington DC. It was definitely a satisfaction for me because I feel like my practice in participating in Toastmasters to becoming a more confident and engaged speaker has resulted in a message that God wanted me to deliver to these young kids. I can see by my eye contact with some of them that they have a hope, that they care about their future. I thank the Lord that he gives me the opportunity to focus on helping others.

 As for my own personal emotional pain it’s part of the suffering Jesus had to go through on the cross and I know that MARY will intercede for me because that’s all I have left.  I will I not rely on my own self to fix relationships, to try to defend myself, or to try to explain why I do what I do.  In the end it’s a no-win situation because people see what they want to see.

Every message that I have has an intent and purpose, and when it’s received it may be taken well (or not).  I pray that God will continue to give me clarity to communicate more clearly in an age where people are more disconnected than ever by technology and its limits. 

Time to enjoy the rest of my warm weather before I head to the cold. God Answers my prayer in his own way.  I wanted to be a model or an actor something that will bring me attention and love. But that wouldn’t be for His glory. But instead He chose me to be a recruiter where I do get to stand in front of a crowd influence them and inspire them, not for my glory but for His.

I will continue my journey to try and let love shine. It will meet up with resistance and persecution, but I must believe and bear all things.  Because true love never fails. 

No comments:

Post a Comment