Friday, March 22, 2019

Beautiful

My last day in sunny Florida.  At least for another three weeks until I come back to see my family.  It has been very emotional for me these last few weeks.  God said He would not give me more than I can handle.  It's time for me to go.

Yesterday was an amazing day for me.  Because I felt like for the first time in a long time, I truly connected with my daughter. We ended our afternoon by attending self-defense class.  I chose to do this last activity for her as a mental and physical reminder of her strength.  I'm happy for her, that she already has many of the skills to defend herself and would not let anyone walk over her.  At least I'd like to try to believe I gave her enough love to let her trust the world, and to be empowered.  I also feel strong finishing the class, knowing that although I started out maybe powerless, I can transform myself and prepare for any future battle that comes my way.

I finally finished my angel painting. I've been wanting to do this for almost a year.  Alyssa knows because the canvas has been blue and empty sitting in the corner for quite some time.  I couldn't ask of a better way to end my afternoon by painting the colors of my angel, one to watch over my family.  I've already consecrated myself to Mary.  She will take care of the rest.  As much as I want to believe how many times I've been ugly..And I mean in a behavioral way which of course can lead to me feeling ugly on the outside.  I've end my day the way it should...Beautiful.

I got a wonderful e-mail from a close friend with also the comment "beautiful."  It gave me such encouragement that I needed to hear.  SoulCore was one of the journeys I've taken where I felt like I had something positive to contribute to the community.  And it was said at least twice at the end of the sessions I've lead, "that was beautiful."  SO I will end my journey here and remember those words...Beautiful.



No comments:

Post a Comment