Saturday, March 23, 2019

Savannah, Georgia

Saturday evening, March 23, 2019. I am in Savannah, GA.  This wasn’t part of my PCS (permanent change of station) trip. I missed my train ride from Sanford, FL. I failed to realize that the auto train is only offered there, which was near Orlando. Oh well...I guess it was a blessing in disguise as so far I got to visit the Kennedy Space museum and see Savannah which was what I had originally intended to do. 

I didn’t have a plan so I just went with Trip advisor and saw that Bonaventure Cemetary was listed as an attraction. The photo looked nice and I liked the name because it was our church’s Patron saint. I am glad I booked the tour. It was long but I learned so much. And it was relaxing and for an afternoon I thought nothing at all, except of the property’s history and beauty.

Next I just picked a couple of sites and used Google Maps app to plot my self-driving tour. Interesting to say the least..Saw the river front, historic area where there was a horse carriage and a wedding going on..Last but not least a community park and a few churches. After a while, most city layouts has the same. This one according to the map had many squares!! After 2.5 hours of walking at Bonaventure Cemetery I wasn’t about to do any more downtown. So that was my day!!

Ready for tomorrow...where I will catch up with my cousin in Chesterfield, Virginia!!


Bell 🔔 to detract grave robbers. Didn’t work out that much. 


Stories of urns, drapery, flower beds, famous gravesites and statued headstones




No comments:

Post a Comment