Saturday, March 28, 2015

My Energies

This post is going to be about how I spent my free time, without husband and child.  Yes, I've developed my baking skills, that much I can say.  I don't regret it, my office mates benefit from the sweets in the office and I perfected my skills.  I practiced baking at least once a month but since I've been back, I haven't baked in two months.  We had a barbecue and I decided to make peanut butter balls.  Thanks to youtube, I was able to ad-lib and it still turned out OK.  Sometimes you can't follow a recipe to the T because we are all built with instincts.  (Hmm..I think that's way too much, I don't want to add that much "this or that.").

Here's the end result of my recipe:




Meanwhile on the other side of the earth, my 7 year old daughter has lost her front tooth.  She is growing up without me!



I look forward to seeing her pictures from her Spring Break vacation.

I am spending my energy also on choreographing some dance moves to music and remember some more video routines so I can teach a full Zumba class without the DVDs.  I'm not a professional instructor but it's fun for me to practice my creativity.

Today we had a beautiful weather in Baghdad and I spent it out in the sun and also assembling palms yesterday for church. I never participated in such and having been here, my energy has also been on church activities. I like being a part of the community and helping people from various background. Besides church, bible studies, I'm keeping busy still with fitness, tennis, treadmill and sorts. Haven't lost much weight but I guess my diet needs more revision.  It will come with more self-discipline and of course, choices.

Well that is it for this week.  I'm off to bed to catch up on sleep which I finally can get after a busy week.

No comments:

Post a Comment