Saturday, March 7, 2015

Lent Time - a Time of Sacrifice

This is going on the third week of lent and have decided to give up a few of my favorite things.  But at the same time, I am fortunate that I am blessed with abundance as well.  For example, I have friends who have invited me to work out with them.  I have now at least 3-4 people who would like to exercise -- and all this time I always get a trainer because I like having company to work out.

I now have someone to run on the treadmill with; someone to do battle ropes with; friends to join for Zumba DVD classes and ab class, and last but not least, someone who will be working weights in the morning.

I will see how fast I lose the pounds because the diet is the harder portion.  In a place where food is abundant such as the buffet cafeteria.

I will have to pray for the Lord that I will be able to change my ways of eating because until that happens, weight loss will always be temporary for me.  And as I turn 40 in a couple of months, time is not what I will always have!

On the plus side, my spiritual side is developing more having more time to meditate. I spend Saturdays going to service at two churches.  I just hope that I will gain some more strength and wisdom to deal with daily life while praising God.  At the same time, I am showing love to my fellow brothers and sisters.  I think that is what I'm called to do.

As I end this entry, I want to leave an important scripture, "But many who are first will be last, and the last first."

No comments:

Post a Comment