Saturday, June 29, 2024

Organizing and Preparing for Change


 Making Sense of Chaos. That's what our minds do naturally, to provide a sense of security and safety.  

One recurring dream I've had lately is packing and vacating a hotel room. I had only travel two weeks ago, nearly. I know what this entails. It means, preparing for what I need and ensuring that when I leave my temporary lodging place, that I DON'T forget anything.  Being a seasoned traveler, I left things like hair brushes and chargers and those can be costly.

The day before, I was reading a magazine on organizing and de-cluttering. This was no accident. It manifested in my dream in the form of being orderly. We carry so many things in our life which we think we need, causing us more grief sometimes because we don't know where we put things, and we are drowned in the stuff we own.

In my dream, I was carefully organizing and sorting things by likes and likes. This makes me work and move faster. I was ensuring I didn't leave anything behind. When I found things I had been given, I was angry I waited until the last day to pack this because now I have to think about it.

As a seasoned traveler, one thing you don't want is to leave stuff until the last minute which adds stress, extra time, and chaos to your travel day. An example: I may need makeup and toiletries the day I leave my home, but I actually have spares so I can pack those things the night before.

Also, we sometimes buy more than we can bring. This leaves me with bags and bags of stuff and who wants to travel holding extra bags? Packing everything and keeping what you need, light, is key. You've seen those people with 5 purses I'm sure. So it can be frustrating to have more than you can handle.

In the end, it seems we leave with our spirits and everything physical is left behind. For sure, I'm ready for change, whatever this recurring means. Finding a new job. Leaving legacy behind (photos/memories/recipes). It's just time to let go. 


No comments:

Post a Comment