Monday, December 14, 2015

A Day and a Half in Bethlehem and Jerusalem

I thoroughly enjoyed my day, and as usual, I love recording my experiences to remember and retain the great moments and to have the opportunity to share them so that my family can be with me in the moment.

The day started great as I was able to change tours from Jerusalem the Old and the New to the one geared specifically for Footsteps of Jesus.  I'm glad I did, it was a walking tour and we spent the first first of the day knowing all the places He went in/around Mount Olives.  We visited the Church where He ascended into heaven and also Pater Noster (caves he escaped with the twelve apostles and what he revealed to them about the end of time). Yes there will be many false prophets.  We then went to overlook the Temple Mount from Mount Olives, looking at the many tombs that has an important linked to the coming of Jesus and when the dead will rise.  We saw the gate where He will enter at end of time, and visited the place (yes another church) Dominus Flevit church where Jesus had a vision of the destruction of Jerusalem many years after His death.  Then, we walked downhill toward the garden where He prayed and sweated tears of blood and found strength upon a rock.




Afterwards, we went inside the city gates, and then went for lunch at an Armenian restaurant which was delicious followed by a visit to Sisters of Notre Dame church the place where Jesus suffered and also housed the stone carving "Game of King."  We ended at three important stops where Jesus was sentenced, where he fell the first time, the church where he was tortured and crowned thorns.  By chance we happened to visit the Western wall in the Jewish Quarter.  I visited so many churches I don't remember but they all played a significant roll in history.  I also learned that the place where Jesus had passover was above the tomb of King David.  People did not know this at the time but it was a very interesting coincidence.  Likewise, the Golgotha was on top of Adam's remains.  When Jesus blood mixed with his bones, he resurrected for a short time.

It was a great day and many tidbits were added to what I have learned from the bible.  Happy I got the chance to come and experience the day in Jerusalem.  I got to experience inside, the different religious quarters: Jewish, Islam, Christian and had Armenian Food so I guess Armenian.


No comments:

Post a Comment